Issues with 2.5.5 pre2

MEC2

19 Nov, 2013 05:11 PM

Images work.

Tabs with alot of auctions very slow to move around in, and often show two entries per auction. Definitely slower than 2.5.3. Note that the dual listings vanish when 2.5.3 is opened and views the auction database.

Completed auction tab often does not respond to Update Auction request. Item that ended without image will not load an image. 2.5.5 pre1 *did* add picture information to ended auctions that had no images.

Noticed the shipping font was now bold - not sure if intentional. But noticed it...

Still using Gixen for important snipes but JB still has better interface and nice inventory auction history, so I am trying to hang on with it one way or the other...

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by cyberfox on 19 Nov, 2013 07:49 PM

Greetings,I'll look into those issues.  Bold shipping means you manually entered shipping for that entry, and it overrides whatever (if anything) was pulled from eBay.

I've seen the 'two auctions' problem, but usually only the first launch after running a different version.  The second and later runs seemed to have collapsed the dupes.

Off topic, I've more than once considered scrapping the sniping engine and telling folks to sign up with Gixen.  I've even written libraries to talk to his API in three computer languages (Java, for JBidwatcher, Ruby for a web app, and Objective C for an iPhone app I built, but never released).

In the end, though, a lot of people use JBidwatcher *because* it's not a web service, so it doesn't really work out.

Plus, shockingly enough, the sniping part has been the MOST stable part of JBidwatcher for some time.

-- Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

2. 2 Posted by MEC2 on 21 Nov, 2013 01:19 AM

I wish I had info to give you on those few occasions that JB wets the bed on me, it happens enough to aggravate me and always it seems on those critical auctions. Have no doubt, JB has snared me alot of auctions, but when it betrays me, that cut goes deep.

I don't know what you mean about the bold font and shipping by the way, I never enter shipping or anything. Could be a vagary of going between 2.5.3 and 2.5.5pre2.

I will give more feedback as I have it. Again, I think I've found using Gixen as a companion for those auctions I just cannot lose, and JB for it's nice interface and tabs/pics, is going to do the trick for a while.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac