snipe not working anymore

's Avatar

crietbrock

13 Nov, 2013 10:31 AM

Hi there,
EBay seems to have some changes in thier bidding process as snipe is not working anymore since all auctions are shown as (FP).
Any fixes available yet?
Regards
Carsten

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by cyberfox on 13 Nov, 2013 03:23 PM

Greetings,

I was planning to release a version this weekend with some fixes, but it's only as tested as I can do it.  Nothing international, for example.

I'd be happy to put up a pre-release, if you're willing to report back before this weekend with any results.

Thanks muchly,

-- Morgan Schweers, CyberFOX!

2. 2 Posted by Carsten Rietbro... on 13 Nov, 2013 03:30 PM

I will happyly report back on any prerelease.
    Carste.

Gesendet über Yahoo Mail für Android

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by cyberfox on 17 Nov, 2013 10:21 AM

Greetings,
    Unfortunately some last-minute testing showed some problems on non-US eBay listings. It fixes most other issues, but doesn't detect the bid count. I have a handle on what's going on, and if you really want to try it out, it's:
    http://jbidwatcher.com/download/JBidwatcher-2.5.5pre2.exe

For Mac OS X, just replace the .exe with .dmg, and for Linux replace the .exe with .jar. It's not a final release, so it hasn't been signed (for Mac OS X) or turned into an installer (for Windows).

-- Morgan

4. 4 Posted by josh on 22 Nov, 2013 04:21 PM

doesn't recognize file on mac.. i changed file to dmg but when i try to open it it says cannot open file image not recognized

5. 5 Posted by David on 24 Nov, 2013 12:09 AM

I have tried 2.5.5pre2 on some European sites, using OSX. It picks up fixed-price items correctly (as does 2.5.2pre). Auctions are now recognized by 2.5.5pre (2.5.3pre does not recognize them as auctions), but they are only correctly displayed for UK items. For other countries (Germany, Italy, France), the currency is shown as GBP not EUR (2.5.3pre gets the currency right), and the number of bids is always zero. I have not tried sniping or bidding.

6. 6 Posted by Andreas on 05 Jan, 2014 05:45 PM

I can confirm the previous statements: For a German auction, the current price in Euro is shown as Pounds and number of current bids is zero.

Additionnaly: Under context menu "Show Information" it shows the price in British Pounds as shipping costs, which is calculated and shown on the ebay.co.uk auction page.

ebay.co.uk: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171205248954
    Current bid: EUR 20.49
    Approximately £16.97
    Postage: May not post to United Kingdom

ebay.de: http://www.ebay.de/itm/171205248954
    Aktuelles Gebot: EUR 20,49 (current bid)
    and further down shipping (to Germany) is listed as 6,90 Eur

Best regards
    Andreas

7. 7 Posted by Andreas on 05 Jan, 2014 05:48 PM

Addition: Being brave I tried to bid on the item (German ebay). While JBidwatcher asks me for the bid in British Pounds, the snipe is actually executed in Euro (phew ;-).

Best regards
    Andreas

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac