Auction import failing to get shipping value

Dunkwho

12 Sep, 2013 08:15 AM

I'm using 2.5.3pre3 on a windows 7 machine and Chrome as my browser with ebay UK. I add auctions by dragging from the ebay auction list in chrome to the JB window or by pasting in the auction number and find that while the auction is added and I can sucessfully bid\snipe on it the auction shipping value is never imported - I have to go through each auction and set its shipping before including it in a multisnipe to ensure the include-shipping tick box has any meaning.

I don't see anyone else having this problem or any workarounds.

1. 1 Posted by Gregg Eells on 16 Nov, 2013 11:22 PM

Using 2.5.3pre3-2-g03a9bc3. I have not been able to see the listing photo, the Shipping, the Total, nor the Max figures in the Current Tab for several months now --they are just double dashes. There may be more column items that I don't have implemented that cannot be seen under the Current Tab, as well. So, you are NOT the only one having this problem, but I haven't seen or received any work-arounds from Morgan.
    I sent him an email describing these issues months ago and received NO REPLY. So, when the website says "Morgan wants to hear from you" I have trouble believing the sincerity of that idea. Now, to be fair, Morgan did indicate that he was having issues with his wife and kids and would be dealing with them more so than his programing and bug fix work. So, maybe those family issues have become worse and Morgan has chosen not to inform the user community that he just doesn't have the time to devote to keeping with the #astards at eBay that keep screwing around with the eBay web design. When these changes occur, Jbid goes looking for the figures and photos in the places where they had been and it can't find them.
    I must say that I have been using the Comment feature to add the shipping cost and any other pertinent info to a comment that pops up when I hover over the listing item in the Current Tab. The interesting thing is that If the auction has ended if I have won the auction or not and it has shifted to the Complete Tab, all the column items I mentioned above that do not show up in the Current Tab all show up properly. Beats me why that is, but Morgan will have to explain/fix this stuff when/if he gets around to it.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by cyberfox on 17 Nov, 2013 11:27 AM

Greetings,
    The format of eBay's page changes, after the item is complete. :( The parsing code works successfully on that format, but not on the standard page, right now.

I planned to get a release out today, unfortunately some last-minute testing showed some problems on non-US eBay listings. It fixes most other issues, but doesn't detect the bid count. I have a handle on what's going on, and if you really want to try it out, it's:
    http://jbidwatcher.com/download/JBidwatcher-2.5.5pre2.exe

For Mac OS X, just replace the .exe with .dmg, and for Linux replace the .exe with .jar. It's not a final release, so it hasn't been signed (for Mac OS X) or turned into an installer (for Windows).

-- Morgan

3. 3 Posted by Gregg Eells on 17 Nov, 2013 09:25 PM

Morgan: Thanks for the response. I had forgotten to mention that JBid has
    successfully bid on all items I had set up to snipe without fail. It's like
    a bull dog in that respect.

I hope you are able to sort out the listing page data retrieval issues and I
    understand now why the completed auctions are showing the missing listing
    data that the current listings page does not. Thanks for clarifying that.

Until you have a fix, I hope my "Put the missing data in a comment" work
    around was useful and will help users through this rough patch. It has been
    working for me.

Gregg Eells

_____

[mailto:[email blocked]]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac